Friday, June 02, 2006

Day 20 (I think)...a follow up on the idea of too much good food

and further wondering whether there's such a thing as too much good wine! I'm pretty sure not. A couple nights ago, I had a lovely glass of Dom Perignon before dinner. Very ritzy.

Let's see...as promised, much as happened in the latter half of this week, and much is still to come! On Wednesday evening, I had dinner at a restaurant called The Pearl, which was french and fantastic (and the venue where I enjoyed the Dom from above). I ALSO enjoyed my very first frog legs. Not bad...not bad. A little like extra juicy chicken, but green.

On Thursday, we went on a 2 hour guided tour of the area around the office and up the Thames toward the London Bridge. It was really very informative and a lot of fun to see nooks and crannies of the city that I otherwise might never have found. My favorite place now is a church that was heavily damaged by bombing during World War II, leaving only (most of) the external walls standing. Instead of rebuilding the church, the city turned the interior into a gorgeous garden. It's so neat. I will definitely go back and take some pictures to share. Then, after the walk, we went to a medieval banquet. It was...um...amusing.

Tonight, we have an informal cocktail hour on the building's roof, followed by a 3-course barbecue at Kensington Roof Gardens, and then off to a private table at a club afterward. Busy busy busy. I'm looking forward to some relaxation time this weekend, which I'm planning to spend here in London doing some more exploration. I'll post again later this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home