Saturday, May 06, 2006

Day Minus 8...

So, technically, the 92 days of my summer adventure have not yet begun. I'm still firmly in the throes of exams, with two down and two to go next week. However, a major step toward actually *getting* to my initial destination provided much amusement this week. In a terrible panic, I realized on Wednesday afternoon that I had not yet filed paperwork for my visa. This, of course, seemed problematic since I'm to leave next Sunday for LONDON. So, after much hustling and bustling about, I managed to get together all the necessary forms, certifications (including one from a professor that I 'play well with others') checks and atrocious passport photographs, and get them into a conveniently parked FedEx truck sitting on the side of the road. I do all of this in a terrible tizzy because, of course, 9 days couldn't possibly be enough time to turn around a government document. Not so. Exactly 46 hours later, a similar FedEx truck pulled up outside my apartment and deposited...wait for it...my completed visa.

Now, with visa, passport, and touristy-looking travel guide in hand, I am starting to get excited about my trip. My great love for ethnic food will have no end of satisfaction, and I'm very much looking forward to this spectacular Michelangelo exhibit currently showing at the British Museum.

Keep an eye out for regular posts once the summer-proper begins. And leave me comments, for goodness' sake...I'm counting on you to make this a dialog and not just me, writing into the nothingness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home